Sacred Heart Center serves as a hub for a variety of activities serving the Latino Community. Thanks to our many collaborative partners, “hub” activities range from a daily food bank to support groups to a monthly medical clinic.
- Bainbridge Ministry Food Bank is open 9:15 am to 1 pm, Monday to Thursday.
- Sacred Heart Center has its own Community Garden. Find out what’s growing here.
Health and wellness
- Bilingual help with applications for FAMIS/Medicaid (free health insurance) for children or pregnant women or assistance renewing coverage every 1st, 2nd, and fourth Thursday, from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm in partnership with the Virginia Health Care Foundation. Call Norma Ryan at (804) 955-9578 for an appointment.
- Counseling for Adults and Families – available on site on Wednesdays through a partnership with Commonwealth Catholic Charities
- Bon Secours Care-a-Van offers a free bilingual medical clinic on site every third Wednesday and fourth Saturday of the month.
- Grupo CAMINOS is a support group for families of family members with disabilities. They meet monthly on the 4th Wednesday at 10am on site.
- MetroCash – offers free bilingual tax preparation services once or twice a week during tax season (Feb to April)
Immigration Legal Services Program
- Immigration Services for families. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voice mail at 804-837-0189. Formerly the Family Protection Project.
Family Support Program
- Free case management for families. Please call 804-230-4399 for an appointment.