I advocate for families to help ensure that their special needs children receive the best educational programs and services available. My services for families include:
Assess Educational Situations
- Observe children in current school programs,
- Visit and evaluate alternative or proposed educational placements, and
- Interpret assessments as needed.
Develop Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Synthesize developmental history, interpret previous and current evaluations, review school history and evaluate information necessary to formulate educational recommendations,
- Prepare original draft IEPs for parents and educators,
- Critique and provide input into existing IEPs,
- Develop 504 plans, and
- Recommend educational programs and appropriate teaching techniques to best meet a child’s needs.
- Provide parents with a single point of contact to facilitate inquiries and timely responses from multiple individuals involved in a child’s case,
- Negotiate the complex special education maze, and
- Refer family to appropriate professionals for additional services.
Serving Virginia, Maryland, and DC.