PEERS® Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills was originally developed as a parent-assisted intervention focusing transitional youth with ASD who were having difficulty making and keeping friends. The intervention is now widely used for youth with all types of social challenges. It is intended for higher functioning youth and adults desiring to learn how to develop close, meaningful relationships. Instruction, Role Play Demonstration and Perspective Taking Questions are used to enhance teaching and promote skill acquisition.
The Young Adult Social Skills Group offered by Thriveworks Chesterfield offers training that focuses on:
- Self Esteem and Identity Development
- Feelings Identification and Emotional Expression
- Assessment and Increasing Motivation for Social Interaction
- Conversational Skills (greetings, initiating and maintaining social interaction, giving and receiving compliments)
- Stress Management
- Interpersonal Self Awareness (verbal and nonverbal communication)
Winter 2017-Spring 2018 Group Schedule
Saturdays 12 noon to 1:00 p.m.
April 21 | April 28
Insurance and self pay are accepted (Per session self pay rate of 75.00 with a discounted 8 session group rate available of 350.00).