- This event has passed.
Preparing for Life After High School Work Group – July
July 22 @ 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
CRAAG – Charlottesville Regional Autism Action Group
Target population: School-age children and adults in transition from High
School (under age 22)
Primary focus: Raise awareness and provide the necessary information and
tools to plan for the future.
Chairperson will send Zoom link before the meeting
CRAAG formed three Work Groups targeted to different populations of adults
with developmental disabilities and autism. Each group focuses on expanding
housing options, supports and services for their population. We are still
recruiting additional members for each group, and hope you will consider
joining one. This is a great opportunity to meet and connect with other families
with similar needs.
Goals for Each Work Group
Each Work Group will be co-chaired by a CRAAG parent and a professional.
The Work Groups will meet monthly or as needed. These are the common
goals for all the Work Groups:
• Recruit participants and assess educational needs.
• Highlight challenges, needs and opportunities.
• Clarify the waiver services available to the target population.
• Address needs of adults with and without waivers.
• Establish network of those with similar challenges and needs.
• Develop models for family-driven and public solutions.
• Identify provider gaps and advocacy needs.
• Maximize social engagement strategies to address loneliness and
Questions? Interested in joining a Work Group? Email upto let us know.