- This event has passed.
Evidence Based Strategies for Assessment and Intervention of Challenging Behavior (Richmond, VA)
November 8, 2018$50.00
This 7-hour training session will review evidence-based strategies for assessing and treating challenging behaviors commonly exhibited by individuals with developmental disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Participants will be introduced to a variety of a tools that can be used to assess the function or cause of challenging behavior. The presenter will then introduce evidence-based intervention strategies based on function.
Emphasis will be placed on proactive interventions to teach alternative behavior. This training is appropriate for adult and child service providers, special education teachers and administrators and anyone who conducts behavior assessments and creates interventions for challenging behavior.
- Identify the types of challenging behaviors that can sometimes be exhibited by individuals with developmental delays including ASD.
- Identify the common functions/causes of changing behavior.
- Describe the characteristics and components of the different types of functional behavior assessment.
- Define and describe effective antecedent interventions.
- Define and describe effective strategies for teaching alternative behavior.
- Identify the essential components of a behavior support plan