- This event has passed.
Autism Walk and Family Funfest 2021
October 16 @ 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM$30
The Autism Society of Northern Virginia 16th Annual Autism Walk and Family Funfest will be held on Saturday, October 16, 2021 in Manassas, Virginia!
Our Walk and Family Funfest is more than just a a typical run or walk event, it’s a fun time for everyone to learn, connect, and celebrate! Join other families for the resource fair, music, moon bounce, sensory-friendly carnival and so much more!
Since the ASNV Annual Autism Walk and Family Funfest began 17 years ago, we have raised over half a million dollars that has been returned to the community in the form of education, advocacy and support for local families. Hundreds of families throughout Northern Virginia have benefited from the generosity of our many donors and supporters. We celebrate them as we look forward to taking our event to even greater heights!
Help us raise awareness and acceptance for those on the autism spectrum!
We are excited to get back to the ‘new normal’ and celebrate in person together! We will follow CDC guidelines for safety mitigation strategies at this event. As we get closer, we will clarify all the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe.
- The Walk will begin at 12:00 pm (noon) and is a one mile long walk around a high school track. The walk will be clearly marked and on a smooth surface, friendly to strollers, wagons, and wheelchairs.
- Please consider forming a Walk Team to extend the reach of our efforts!
- Join us to help the 1 in 59 now affected by autism!
We are coming back to the same high school for this event. Thank you to Unity Reed High School (formerly named Stonewall Jackson High School) in Prince William County Schools for hosting us!
- October 16
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Event Categories:
- Autism Action Groups, Fun, Recreation, Social Group
- Event Tags:
- Advocacy, ASNV, autism awareness, CDC guidelines, Education, fun time, funfair, learning, local families, Manassas, raise awareness and acceptance, Support, walk